About us


We are an engineering driven company focusing on the manufacturing of special purpose heavy-duty machine tools. We specialize in custom design machine tools for demanding applications where high torque, power and ISO 60 tools are needed. We maximize the balance between power and accuracy in one high performing and exceptional machine tool. This is our response to the new challenging requirements coming from different industries: railway, mettalurgy, energy, shipbuilding and raw materials manufacturing. We deliver SMART SOLUTIONS FOR TOMORROW’S TOUGH APPLICATIONS.



At DTI, we believe that every project starts with the needs of our clients and to achieve this goal, there are no shortcuts: listen → truly understand the customers goal →analyze→ research best practices→ incorporate→ design→ present→ listen→ refine the project and finally achieve the client’s goals.

The company’s founder used to say that “technology abhors compromise”. That’s why we’ve been successful right since the beginning.

First, we discuss with our customers how to adapt the machine exactly to their needs, whether for new machines or to retrofit older machines that still have strong designs. When the expectations are clearly defined, we start the design process. Our machine tools are constructed using modern CAD systems using FEM (Finite Element Method) to ensure long-term performance, reliability and durability.



Design Technologies International (DTI) was founded in 1991 and nowadays it enjoys an established position in the field of custom design heavy-duty machine tools. 

With over 30 years of history and more than 160 successfully completed special projects we can be proud of our experience. But what we are most proud of are the long term relations we have developed with our customers. Our clients are coming back to order the second, third and more machine tools. This is our best reference.

DTI is a member of HACO group which holds 75% of the shares, the remaining 25% is owned by the founder’s family. This gives DTI a strong financial backing, worldwide resources for service, and an offering of custom (DTI) and standard (HACO) machine tool solution

Our mission


Tailor made heavy-duty machine tools need to meet the highest quality requirements. This is why we have our own quality department equipped with top-class stationary and portable measuring tools. This includes Hamar and Renishaw lasers used for accuracy and repeatability check.

Together with our machine tools we supply not only the manuals and dedicated training programs but also “quality books”. This means that for each key unit (headstock, tailstock etc) we create a list of all elements with quality and material certificates directly from the suppliers to give our customers a certainty regarding the source and quality.

We cooperate only with the world leading suppliers such as Siemens, Heidenhain, Hydac, Schneeberger, Kabelschlepp, THK/INA/NSK, Igus, Rittal, Stoeber, ZF, Guedel and many more.